Philanthropy and community involvement are long-held traditions at the core of our business. Our team strives to promote the welfare of others and support local organizations through our participation on community non-profit boards, volunteering, and donations from our business on behalf of our clients.
As a part of our closing process, we have a tradition of donating a portion of our commission to a cause or organization of your choosing.
Giving back is a big part of our lives outside of work, too. Below are some of our favorite organizations that we are involved with regularly, though we love learning about new organizations through our clients’ choices at closing!
– Larkin Street Youth Services
– Congregation Emanu-El
– Camp Tawonga
– Midsummer Mozart Festival
– Brandeis Hillel Day School
– Blue Star PR
– Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC)
– Jewish Family and Children’s Services
– Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Assumption
– Friends of the River
– Homeless Prenatal Program
– Camp Kesem
– American Cancer Society
– SF Food Bank
– Junior Achievement (of Northern California)
– Shalom Bayit
– San Francisco Youth Theatre
– Housing Rights Committee
– Friends of SF ACC (SF Animal Care & Control)
– Glide Memorial
– Center for Youth Wellness
Compass makes a donation back to the community after every single transaction — 100% of the time! This philanthropic program, Compass Cares, seeds an agent’s Giving Account with $15 for every sale or $1 for every rental they close (allocated proportionately to their stake in the transaction). Our team, in conjunction with other Compass agents and employees supported over 2,000 different nonprofits and raised over $800,000 in funds in the first 3 quarters of 2019. We aim to contribute $10M in funds and skills-based volunteering to local organizations in the next year.